God wants children. Thus saith the LORD, the Holy One of Israel, and his Maker, Ask me of things to come concerning my sons. For this cause God brought forth a firstborn Son, Jesus Christ. Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. By his obedience and resurrection, God used Jesus to perfect an initial batch of spiritual seeds. These spirit seeds will be used to bring forth a firstborn generation of Sons. Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except a corn of wheat fall into the ground and die, it abideth alone: but if it die, it bringeth forth much fruit.
When these spirit seeds are placed into physical Adamic containers, they take root in the spirit of a man, and a new Son of God is conceived. Of his own will begat he us with the word of truth, that we should be a kind of firstfruits of his creatures.
This new spirit Son grows by consuming the sinful Adamic nature, much as a seed draws nutrients from the decay of mulch and fertilizer. The physical Adamic body inherits nothing. It will simply die and return to the earth. The sinful carnal nature inherits nothing. It is consumed by the spirit within. They which are the children of the flesh, these are not the children of God: but the children of the promise are counted for the seed.
When the internal, spirit Son of God is ready for birth, he will leave all these natural things behind, and be born into spiritual life. Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.
Your physical body is only a container for the spirit Son of God that must be matured within you. The first man is of the ground earthy, the second man is of heaven. 1 Corinthians 15:47 (Emphasized). While riding around in this container your new spirit Son gains the experience of good and evil, but is not guilty of it himself. The blame for sin falls upon the physical body and carnal nature. But the newly conceived Sons of God are sinless, perfect, spirit beings, who are born out from Adamic corruption. Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.
The Sons of God are the genetic issue of God’s spirit. As such, they are innocent and incorruptible. He that is begotten of God keepeth himself and that wicked one toucheth him not. They are not forgiven sinners, for they have never sinned. A glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish. They are impenetrable, stellar creatures, who are impervious to defilement or decay. That ye may be blameless in the day of our Lord Jesus Christ.
Jesus Christ was the firstborn Son of God. Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature. He is the leader of a new race of spirit beings, called the Sons of God. For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren. After he was perfected, all the rest of his brothers were empowered to follow him to maturity. Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified.
Jesus Christ brought forth after his Father’s own kind, and now it’s your turn. Now is Christ risen from the dead, and become the firstfruits of them that slept. You are expected to follow his steps. If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me. The plan of God is that you should become what Jesus Christ is. It is enough for the disciple that he be as his master, and the servant as his lord.
Your spiritual life has the same origin as that of Jesus Christ. They are not of the world, even as I am not of the world. All the tools and resources that Jesus had, are yours as well. And of his fulness have all we received, and grace for grace. You are perfected by the same process, and you will ultimately achieve the same result. Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ.
Jesus Christ was the perfection of God, and so shall you be. As my Father hath sent me, even so send I you. Jesus Christ is permanently entwined with God. I and my Father are one. This same relationship will exist in you also. Holy Father, keep through thine own name those whom thou hast given me, that they may be one, as we are.
The holy nature of Jesus Christ is to be yours. That we might be partakers of his holiness. His exalted glory is reserved for you also. The glory which thou gavest me I have given them. The works that he did, you will do as well. He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do.
The authority of Jesus Christ, even the dominion of eternity, he will share with his Firstborn Brothers. He that overcometh, and keepeth my works unto the end, to him will I give power over the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron … even as I received of my Father. Jesus possesses the totality of God’s substance. For it pleased the Father that in him should all fulness dwell. And this is your calling also. The present perfection of Jesus Christ is a portrait of your destiny. Because as He Himself is, we also shall be, in that world. 1 John 4:17 (Fenton).
As a phrase, the Sons of God is used six times in the New Testament. These six verses describe God’s Sons as perfect, immortal, powerful, spirit beings. You have been placed on planet earth so that you might join their ranks.
1. As many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God. The purpose of Jesus Christ’s earthly mission was to enable you to become one of his begotten brothers. By receiving a seed from his resurrected spirit life, you can become an immortal Son of the Living God. With this seed your spirit can complete a spiritual gestation and reproduce all the fulness of God, your Father.
2. That ye may be blameless and harmless, the sons of God, without rebuke. As an unregenerate Adamite you are guilty and worthy of rebuke. But when your spirit conceives to the spirit of Christ, a new creature is formed. This new creature is neither physical, nor human. This new spirit being is a Son of God. When this Son is finally brought to the birth, he will be a righteous, immortal, spirit being. He will not be related to anything physical. He will not be a forgiven sinner, for actually, he will have never sinned. When God has finished his work in your spirit, you will be a sinless dispenser of light and life. All your actions will embody the wisdom of God, weaving benevolence and glory to all you meet.
3. For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God. When you surrender to the guidance of the Holy Spirit, you will find yourself departing from earthly wisdom and entering into a new experience that is foreign to mortals. The Sons of God are conducted by the spirit of their Father. This spirit is your personal resource and guide to spiritual perfection.
4. Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew him not. When God loves you enough to reveal his Son in you, it will make you a stranger to this world. This alienation is the result of the seed of life and the Holy Spirit working within you. Planet earth is the womb for the Sons of God. This womb is peopled mostly with mortals, but there are a few individuals who are growing into begotten immortality. These will seem as a riddle to their peers.
5. Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him. When your spirit conceives to the life of Christ, the embryo that is formed is a Son of God. This infant Son must then complete a spiritual gestation while on earth. When it comes to the birth, this Son will be like his Father in every possible way- for everything brings forth after its own kind. So also, the Sons of God will eventually reproduce the character and abilities of God, their Father.
6. For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God. The Sons of God are destined to inherit the creation; they are to become the dispensers of blessing to all the created realms. Thus the creation groans in sympathetic birth pangs, longing for their arrival. From the angels of heaven to the stars of the farthest galaxy, the universe stretches in anticipation of the glorious unveiling of the Sons of God.
The Sons of God are the offspring of Adam, who undergo a spiritual rebirth, to become the offspring of God. In the New Testament those who experience this process are called “saints.” Saints comes from the Greek word, hagios. The basic meaning of hagios is, “holy; separate.” This refers to the fact that the Sons of God will be separated from the carnal nature, from worldly addiction, and from organized religion. But hagios embodies an even greater glory. According to Hastings Bible Dictionary, hagios means, “something more and higher than sacred; … something more than worthy, honorable; … something more than pure, free from defilement. Hagios is … more comprehensive. It is characteristically Godlikeness.”
The hagios (saints) of God have a destiny of Godlikeness. As for me, I will behold thy face in righteousness: I shall be satisfied, when I awake, with thy likeness. They will become “like” their Father. Be ye holy (hagios); for I am holy (hagios). They will obtain the attributes of God as a permanent possession. The temple of God is holy (hagios), which temple ye are. God intends that you shall become like him in every possible way. The eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that ye may know what is the hope of his calling, and what the riches of the glory of his inheritance in the saints (hagios).
After your spirit conceives to the life of Christ and begins its trek toward birth, you are positioned to inherit everything that God possesses. Because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father. Wherefore thou art no more a servant, but a son; and if a son, then an heir of God through Christ.
Your earthly life is then rearranged for your spiritual education. Now I say, That the heir, as long as he is a child, differeth nothing from a servant, though he be lord of all; but is under tutors and governors until the time appointed of the father. Earthly troubles are the pains of spiritual gestation and birth. These difficulties are the escort to the permanent inheritance of God. And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.
The Sons of God will enter into Godlikeness, and a spiritual inheritance that is incomprehensible to mortals. They which are called might receive the promise of eternal inheritance. They will obtain an unchangeable personal possession in the heavenly realm. To an inheritance incorruptible, and undefiled, and that fadeth not away, reserved in heaven for you.
Kind brings forth after kind, and this applies even to God himself. If God brings forth Sons, they will enter into his state of being- they will become what he is. This infinite, dazzling opulence is all the power of creation, and the immortality to enjoy it. He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son.